What is floating?
Invented by neuroscientist Dr. John C Lilly in the 1950's... Flotation therapy is based on R.E.S.T.
Restricted. Environmental. Stimulation. Technique.
By removing distractions and outside stimuli, the central nervous system's workload is reduced, allowing you to reach the deepest level of relaxation.
Benefits of floating
- Reduce stress
- Pain relief
- Sleep better (and for several days after)
- Sports recovery for sore muscles
- Increase circulation
- Increase mindfulness
- Meditation made simple
- Increase concentration & creativity
- Helps with depression & anxiety
- Floating lowers blood pressure and cortisol (the stress hormone)
How often should I float?
Energy flows where attention goes.
Floating is a practice and the effects are cumulative. What does that mean? It means the more you float, the better you'll feel! There's no minimum or maximum, we just recommend that you get into a regular schedule with it whether that be daily, weekly, or monthly sessions. There's a ton of research showing how chronic stress leads to serious illness like cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc. and flotation therapy is highly effective at combating stress naturally (not to mention immediately!) We recommend floating as much as possible that fits with your schedule and specific needs.
achieving The perfect Float
Peace begins when expectation ends. ~Sri Chinmoy
- Avoid caffeine for a few hours prior to your float.
- Give yourself plenty of time before and after.
- We'll provide a chill room and beverages.
- Don't shave the day of! (think salt in a paper-cut)
- Hydrate before and after.
- Don't over think it.
Did you know? Epsom Salt is a mineral that is crucial to the human body's function?
Flotation therapy allows magnesium to be absorbed through the skin only in the amount that the body necessitates at the moment. Here are some examples of the benefits of Epsom Salt.
- Boosts magnesium levels
- Energy production
- Muscle control
- Reduces stress
- Eliminates harmful toxins in your body.
- Reduces pain & inflammation
- Improves blood sugar levels
- Great for your hair!